Learn English through Everyday Expressions (Set 1)



  1. We are at home today.
  2. I go to work by bus.
  3. She goes to office on foot.
  4. Sometimes, you may make mistakes in your English.
  5. I’ll have lunch. (Also: dinner/breakfast/a meal)
  6. What did you have for breakfast this morning?
  7. I wasn't hungry enough for a full breakfast.
  8. He’ll have a meeting. (Also: a party/a competition/a game)
  9. We have an exam (Also: a lesson//a homework/an appointment)
  10. Have the kids done their homework?
  11. Do you wanna have a cup of tea? (Also: coffee/drink/sandwich/an ice-cream/some cheese)
  12. Does she wanna have a shower? (Also: bath/swim/sauna)
  13. If you cook dinner, I’ll wash the dishes.
  14. I haven’t had dinner yet.
  15. We had chicken for dinner.
  16. We have had vegetables for dinner.
  17. She has had soup for lunch.
  18. Will you have dinner with me this evening?
  19. Let’s go out to dinner tonight. (=eat in a restaurant)
  20. When do you do the housework? (Also: do the gardening/do the washing/do some exercises/do the bathroom)
  21. She will make coffee (Also: make dinner)
  22. Is that your camera? Can I have a look?
  23. Is that new? Can I have a look?
  24. Is that your bicycle? Can I have a go?
  25. Do you have a moment? Can I have a word with you?
  26. We always have a good time in our English lessons.
  27. I’m going to have my hair cut.
  28. He is sneezing. Has he got a cold?
  29. Do they have a new car?
  30. You can have it until I get back.
  31. She has a red bike, and I have a blue one.
  32. She has got another part-time job and now she has two jobs.
  33. I'm looking for the newspaper. Do you have it?
  34. He had the newspaper right in his hand.
  35. I used to have a necklace like that, but I lost it.
  36. She used to share a room with her sister, but now she has her own room.
  37. Have they got a new car?
  38. We've got things to do.
  39. Bye! Have a nice day!
  40. I've got three sisters. Have you got any brothers and sisters? [Have + got (informal/speaking) = have (writing/formal)]
  41. My house is big. It’s got five bedrooms and three bathrooms.
  42. We've got ten minutes before the train goes.
  43. Have you got a pen?
  44. I've got a problem. Can I have a word with you?
  45. I've got a cold/headache.
  46. He met his wife at work.
  47. We met each other in college.
  48. Did you meet anyone interesting at the party?
  49. I'd like you to meet my good friend Bob.
  50. The couple met at a dance.
  51. Have we met? You look familiar.
  52. They met for drinks after work.
  53. Let's meet at the park.
  54. They meet together every week.
  55. The museum’s not free. You have to pay $10 to go in.
  56. All students have to do the exam.
  57. I haven’t got a car, so I have to walk to go to school every day.
  58. What do you have for lunch?
  59. How many pens have you got with you now?
  60. Do you always have a party on your birthday?
  61. What do you usually have when you go to a restaurant?
  62. Why don’t you have a drink?
  63. We went to Paris last summer.
  64. Shall you go to the swimming pool today?
  65. You can go to a place on foot or some kind of transport.
  66. Is this train going to Manhattan?
  67. Where does the road go?
  68. Jim went in his room and shut the door.
  69. Sara went out of the house and into the garden.
  70. The phone was ringing. She went down the stairs quickly.
  71. I’m going back home this evening.
  72. I’ll be back the day after tomorrow. (= I’ll be available)
  73. I hate going shopping.
  74. I usually go swimming in the morning.
  75. Let’s go dancing. Let’s go shopping.
  76. Do you like going sightseeing when you are on holiday?
  77. Hans goes skiing every winter.
  78. Bob is going fishing today.
  79. On Saturday Jan is going to visit his aunt.
  80. On Sunday we are going to stay at home.
  81. On Monday I’m going to meet Sam at the restaurant.
  82. Please go away, I’m tired.
  83. From Cambridge, trains go to London and Norwich.
  84. Do you like tennis? Yes, I do. So does my friend.
  85. Did they like the film? Yes, they did. So did I.
  86. He doesn’t play well, does he?.
  87. Don’t do that, Tommy.
  88. What are the people on the road doing? They are rallying.
  89. What do you do? I’m an engineer.
  90. What does your wife do? She is a secretary.
  91. Did you do the washing this morning? No, I’m going to do it later.
  92. Our company does a lot of business with the USA.
  93. The homework exercise is very difficult. Just do your best.
  94. What’s the boy doing? He’s having an ice-cream.
  95. I do a lot of housework but never do the gardening.
  96. I’ll make some tea/hot chocolate.
  97. I make breakfast every day. (Also=lunch/supper)
  98. The teacher’s making a photocopy.
  99. He’s making a film of the class. (Also=video)
  100. The children are making a noise.
  101. Don’t make mistakes with ‘make’.
  102. I have to do my homework.
  103. I have to take/do an exam next week.
  104. When I get up I make my bed.
  105. I want to make an appointment with the doctor.
  106. I’d like to take a photo of you.
  107. After dinner, I’ll help you do the dishes.
  108. Going by buses always makes me tired.
  109. My friend called me stupid. It made me angry.
  110. That film made me sad.
  111. I always make a lot of mistakes when I speak English.
  112. If I do my homework every day, my English will get better.
  113. Let’s go to bed now. We can do the dishes in the morning.
  114. I want to do an exam in French. Do you know where I can make one?
  115. We always try not to make a noise after ten o’clock at night.
  116. Long lessons always make me tired.
  117. She was horrible to me. It made me angry.
  118. They’re making a film/video.
  119. Can I take a photo of you?
  120. He’s 25 but he never does his own washing.
  121. What do you think, yes or no? We must make a decision today.
  122. I have to make an appointment with the doctor. Do you have her phone number?
  123. Are you taking/doing an exam tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment