Learn English through Everyday Expressions (Set 6)


  1. Do you want some bread?
  2. In China, most people eat rice.
  3. In Italy, pasta is very popular.
  4. Many people eat meat or fish almost every day.
  5. Most young people love hot-dogs, hamburgers and pizzas.
  6. Most British people like fish and chips.
  7. Many people don't bat an eyelid when their pets climb up on surfaces such as the kitchen table or worktop.
  8. There is waste bin in the kitchen where we put rubbish in
  9. She uses frying pan to fry eggs.
  10. Chopsticks were first used by the Chinese and later spread to other neighboring countries.
  11. We put cup on saucer.
  12. Where can I find a fork/saucepan/bowl?
  13. Can I help with the washing-up/ the cooking?
  14. Where does this cup / plate / frying pan go? (Where do you keep it?)
  15. Where shall I put this cup/ the milk?
  16. Where can I find the hairbrush/ comb?
  17. Where is the chest of drawers?
  18. Where is the chest of wardrobe?
  19. John goes to bed at 11 o’clock. He goes upstairs to his bedroom.
  20. He gets undressed and wears nightdress/ nighties before going to bed.
  21. He reads for a bit. He turns off the light and falls asleep.
  22. He wakes up when his alarm clock rings.
  23. He gets up. He has a shower, cleans his teeth and gets dressed.
  24. He goes downstairs to the kitchen for breakfast.
  25. In my bedroom there is a big bed.
  26. There are two wardrobes, one on the left and one on the right of the room.
  27. I have a bedside table with a lamp and an alarm clock on it.
  28. There is a cupboard beside the window.
  29. The cupboard has two shelves and five drawers in it.
  30. When do you clean your teeth?
  31. The sofa/couch is near the window.
  32. Sometimes I listen to the radio or listen to music.
  33. I just relax in the living room.
  34. Where is the remote control for the TV?
  35. There’s a reading lamp on the desk.
  36. Close the curtains and switch the lights on; it’s getting dark.
  37. Turn the radio off and turn the TV on, please. I want to watch the football match.
  38. In my living room there is a table, a TV, a desk, a sofa and two armchairs.
  39. The TV is near the window, and the sofa is against the wall.
  40. The table is in the middle of the room.
  41. The walls are white and there are some pictures on them.
  42. I always like to relax in the living room.
  43. In the evening I watch TV there, or listen to music.
  44. What does your father do?
  45. Where do you work? I work in a restaurant.
  46. Is it an interesting job? Yes, I like it.
  47. I work in a factory/ an office.
  48. I work at home/ from home.
  49. He is a maths teacher.
  50. After school, students do homework.
  51. At primary school, children learn to read and write.
  52. The teacher gave a lecture on chemistry and the students took notes.
  53. Students can do a (language/ an English) course in many colleges and schools.
  54. At the end of a course, students often have to take/do an exam.
  55. You hope to pass your exams.
  56. You don’t want to fail your exams.
  57. If you pass your final exams at university, you get a degree.
  58. Sara got a box of crayons on her birthday.
  59. Don’t forget to put a stamp on the envelope.
  60. Don’t forget to post the letters.
  61. Juan makes a lot of phone calls.
  62. He phones his friend every day.
  63. John sent me a fax yesterday.
  64. What is your phone/fax number? Double three oh seven one eight.
  65. Hello. It’s Nick here. Can I speak to Mr John, please.
  66. I’m sorry, he isn’t here at the moment. Can I take a message?
  67. Thank’s. Could you just tell him Nick called. I’ll call back later.
  68. OK. I’ll tell him. Goodbye. Bye.
  69. Sara gets a lot of emails from New York.
  70. What is your email address? myname at gmail dot com.
  71. We had a wonderful holiday in Thailand in 2014.
  72. Are you going on holiday this summer?
  73. We’re going on a package holiday to Singapore. (everything is included)
  74. We’re going to have a winter holiday this year. (=often means skiing/winter sports)
  75. I want to to camping this year. (=sleep in a rent)
  76. I’m going on a walking holiday in the Alps. (=usually means walking up mountains)
  77. A coach tour is a cheap way to go on holiday. (=going in a big, comfortable bus)
  78. Are you flying to France from England? No, we’re going by ferry. (=ship where you can take your car with you)
  79. We’re going by car/by train/by bus.
  80. If you’re going to another country, don’t forget to take with you your passport/ some traveller’s cheque and currency/ a camera/ a phrase book (if it’s a different language)/ your luggage.
  81. When you are abroad try the local food/ try to speak the language/ go to the tourist information office if you have any questions.
  82. How much does this cost? Can I pay by cheque/ credit card?
  83. I only have a $100 note; I don’t have any change.
  84. Do you have a single room/ a double room? (In a hotel)
  85. How much is a single room with a bathroom?
  86. I have a reservation. (= I booked a room)
  87. Your room is on the first floor. The lift is over there.
  88. Here is your key. Would you like some help with your luggage?
  89. Can you fill in this form, please?
  90. Sign here, please.
  91. Please, check your bill. (= make sure it is correct)
  92. Can I check out, please?
  93. Can I have the bill, please?
  94. How do I get an outside line? (=to phone someone who is not in the hotel)
  95. What i the code for Korea/ India?
  96. Can I have breakfast in my room, please?
  97. Can I have a morning call, please? At 6:30. (= You want to wake up at 6:30)
  98. What time is breakfast/ lunch/ dinner?
  99. Can I (ex)change some money, please?
  100. Can I change some dollars into pounds, please?
  101. How many yen to the pound at the moment?
  102. Can I cash a traveller’s cheque, please?
  103. Can I cash a cheque at the reception, please?
  104. How much does a hotel room cost in New York?
  105. How many US dollars are there to your own currency at the moment?
  106. How much of your own currency is there to the euro?
  107. You can have a cup of tea/coffee and a snack at cafe. They sometimes serve meals there too.
  108. You can go to a restaurant for a full meal.
  109. Bars and pubs serve alcohol and soft drinks.
  110. Are you ready to order? (Waiter)
  111. Yes, I’d like tomato soup and steak, please.
  112. Would you like the steak with chips or new potatoes? And how would you like your steak - rare, medium or well-done? (Waiter)
  113. Well-done, please. And with chips.
  114. And what would you like to drink? (Waiter)

No comments:

Post a Comment