Learn English through Everyday Expressions (Set 2)


  1. We say ‘Come in!’ when someone knocks at the door of a room.
  2. The person who knocked entered into the room.
  3. A woman came out of a shop with two big bags.
  4. Put your money in and the ticket will come out of the machine.
  5. They came back from Italy yesterday.
  6. What time did you come home last night?
  7. What country do you come from?
  8. We’re gonna a party tonight. Do you wanna come along?
  9. Come and see me some time.
  10. The children come back from school at four o’clock.
  11. What time do you come home every day?
  12. Are you coming to the party tonight?
  13. Please come here for a minute/moment. I want to show you something.
  14. She came quietly into the room.
  15. He came home late again last night.
  16. The dog began to growl as we came closer.
  17. The captain of the ship invited us to come aboard.
  18. People came from all over the country to see him.
  19. Some people came by car while others came by plane.
  20. Why don't you come and stay with us for a while?
  21. About a hundred people are coming to the wedding.
  22. People come many miles to visit the shrine. (=travelled a long way)
  23. The medic waved smelling salts under his nose until he came round.
  24. She's cool to the idea right now, but sooner or later she'll come round.
  25. We’re ready to solve any problem that may come up.
  26. The girl came up to the counter and asked if she could have her order prepared to go.
  27. It takes Jon 20 minutes to get to work.
  28. I go to office every day. It takes me 10 minutes.
  29. I do homework every day. It took me two hours yesterday.
  30. How long does it take to the station?
  31. Are you taking an English course?
  32. Do you have to take an exam?
  33. I want to take some English lessons?
  34. How do you get to the work? I take the bus.
  35. In Paris you can take the metro/subway to the Eiffel Tower.
  36. How does Mike get to work? He takes the train.
  37. Are you going out? Take an umbrella.
  38. Are you going to the beach? Take some water with you.
  39. Sorry, you can’t take your camera into the museum.
  40. Can I take a photograph here?
  41. She took her things to her room.
  42. It looks like rain. You had better take an umbrella with you.
  43. This bus takes you downtown.
  44. Her office is down that hallway. I can take you there, if you want me to.
  45. He was taken to the hospital by ambulance.
  46. She took us for a ride in her new car.
  47. He's not the kind of guy you can take home to meet your parents.
  48. She took her child to one side and scolded him.
  49. I took the pen and signed my name.
  50. I wanted to speak English. So I took a course. / took some lessons.
  51. Do you want to learn English? Why don’t you take a course? / take some lessons?
  52. In Britain, when you’re 17, you can take your driving test.
  53. Are you going to the kitchen? Can you bring me a glass?(Take = from here to there; Bring = from there to here)
  54. Please take this form to the secretary.
  55. I’ve brought you some apples from my garden. (Bring somebody something)
  56. When she visits me, she always brings me flowers.
  57. You can take my umbrella and bring it back tomorrow.
  58. Take your camera with you when you go to Bangkok. It’s beautiful there.
  59. Shall I bring you a present from New York?
  60. Why not just bring me the money when you come?
  61. Have you brought the money with you from the bank?
  62. He brought his friend home to meet his parents.
  63. Have you brought the money with you from the bank?
  64. This radio station brings you all the news as it happens.
  65. Can anything bring peace to this troubled region?
  66. Having a baby has brought great happiness into her life.
  67. I’m getting tired. I wanna go to bed.
  68. It’s raining. I’m getting wet.
  69. I’ve finished my study. Now I wanna get a job.
  70. My friend is ill! Please get a doctor.
  71. Do you want a drink? I can get some coffee.
  72. I’m going to the shop to get a newspaper.
  73. Where can I get a taxi?
  74. How can I get to the airport? Take the airport bus at the bus station.
  75. When you get to New York, ring me.
  76. When you get back from Chittagong, ring me.
  77. Maria and John are getting married in July.
  78. When I get home, I have my lunch and listen to the news.
  79. I get there at 6 o’clock, so please ring me at 6:30.
  80. The sun is going down. It’s getting dark.
  81. When the sun comes up it gets light.
  82. He’s in hospital but he’s getting better.
  83. He got a new bicycle for his birthday.
  84. I got a letter from my lawyer.
  85. She got a phone call from her sister.
  86. Did you get my message?
  87. You need to get your mother’s permission to go.
  88. She hasn’t been able to get a job.
  89. I usually/normally get up at eight o’clock. But today I got up at eight-thirty.
  90. If you wanna be successful you need to get a good education.
  91. It took us a while to get the waiter's attention.
  92. It took us a while to get a taxi.
  93. I got up at 6:30 this morning. I’m tired now.
  94. I hated my sister when I was young but now we get on very well.
  95. He soon got over his cold.
  96. He always turns on the TV at 9:30 o’clock to watch the news.
  97. Someone is turning on the oven.
  98. It’s a sunny day. Turn the light off.
  99. Turn the TV up. I can’t hear it.
  100. Turn the TV down. It’s too loud.
  101. Don’t stop. Go on talking. It’s interesting.
  102. A bomb went off in a London station yesterday.
  103. It’s cold and windy outside. Put your coat on. Or Put on your coat.
  104. Come on! We’re going to be late. (=telling someone to hurry)
  105. Come on! It’s not the end of the world. (=encouraging someone)
  106. She turned down the stereo.
  107. She turned down the invitation.
  108. The plane takes off at 12:30.
  109. She took off her shoes.
  110. They’re doing up the hotel.
  111. He’s doing up a shoe.
  112. She did up her coat.
  113. Do you speak English?
  114. I like talking to you.
  115. Can you answer the telephone / the door, please?
  116. The train arrived in Dhaka on time.
  117. The bus arrived late in Chittagong.
  118. Please pass the salt.
  119. Can I help you carry your baggage?

No comments:

Post a Comment